» I'm interested, tell me more.
Buffalo Design is a studio of planners, architects, and interior designers working as a team to solve problems and develop fresh ideas. Our clients appreciate our creative, pragmatic and appropriate responses for healthcare facilities, libraries, public spaces and workplaces. We encourage a collaborative, team oriented atmosphere.
We are seeking a designer to be responsible for planning, coordinating and administering projects from start to finish. Most importantly, you must have the desire and ability to develop and maintain strong, long term working relationships with clients.
Required Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree from an accredited Interior Design or Architecture program with an emphasis in interior design
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in the field of commercial interior design or interior architecture. A background in corporate and/or healthcare design is preferred.
- NCIDQ certification is preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- LEAN training is a plus
- Graphic Design skills are a plus
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A strong design sense with the ability to develop and communicate concepts
- Ability to collaborate with and direct a team
- Experience with programming and space planning
- An in-depth knowledge of products, building systems and construction methods and the ability to develop detailing for interior elements
- A basic understanding of building codes
- Freehand drawing and digital rendering skills
- Experience developing budgets for furniture and construction and the ability to manage and work within established budgets
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite
Submit your resume, cover letter and PDF work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
» Got it, thanks.