The new state-of-the-art EP Lab at UW Medical Center-Montlake will provide advanced 3D mapping and imaging systems for diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders. Working closely with UWMC physicians and staff, we developed an upgraded electrophysiology suite that will ensure safe, high-quality care for patients and an efficient workplace for staff.
- Full renovation and equipment replacement of an existing operating room and supporting facilities.
- Project site is at the center of a cardiac surgery department that must remain operational at all times.
- Located at the junction of 1960s and 1970s hospital additions, structural constraints required detailed planning to accommodate new fixed equipment.
- BIM modeling by our team during design was vital for coordinating ceiling and floor mounted equipment, as well as avoiding conflicts with the existing building structure.
- Multiple renderings were created as a valuable client communication tool during design.
Construction is currently underway with completion scheduled for September.